Sunday, October 23, 2011

Home/Basketball

Coming to school I never would of thought I would miss home too much. Because for as long as I can remember I've always been ready for school and ready to go off and start my college career. But as of late I've been pretty homesick why I really have no idea. I had a couple of chances to go home but I havent been home in a little bit. With basketball season already started up Im busier than ever with classes and basketball. At the end of the day I really havent had time for much of anything. Basketball workouts and practices are pretty hard and tiring it really takes a toll on the body. So sleep is much needed but it seems like everything is going by so fast. Like just last week was the first week of school and I was playing open gym everyday anticipating my first college basketball season. This past weekend we had our first scrimmage against eachother. It went pretty well except for rolling my ankle on this wet spot. It hurt like crazy and i had to stay in the game which was pretty annoying honestly. But now basically im just tryna get it healed so that i can be in shape when we start playing games because I know that I definitely need to be at 100%. Which kind of makes me nervous because ive had many ankle injuries in the past and they all took about a month or longer to heal. I would always feel like it was broken for good for some reason thats how bad the ankle would actually hurt. Its been blowing my mind how many students on campus are hurt. This campus is full of athletes so injuries will definitely be seen more frequently. So if you walk around campus your bound to see about 7-8 people on campus with crutches. Even basketball there has been so many of cases were people have hurt their ankles. Some people have been out for a month strong now some have been out for a week and some just wrapped the ankles and started playing the next day. So my situation im pretty concerned about because I have no idea whats gonna happen to me if im gonna be out for a couple months or if i will be able to make a full recovery really soon. Im hoping its gonna be the second one. But I guess I will just have to wait and see which one will happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment