Monday, September 5, 2011

1st blog entry

Adjusting to college life has been a challenge and a crazy experience. When in high school I was not even close to being prepared for the experience I would go through in college. I thought about the parties the fun and the freedom I would have away from home. I didn't take into consideration the many things i've realized to be so important to me. Like family, and being able to continue to sleep in the same bed every night I have slept in for the last eight years. Getting to school and adjusting to the college was somewhat hard because I was positive I knew everything.Yet I had no idea what I was truly getting in to. The responsibility of being on your own making your own choices and deciding what you want to do without virtually anyone to answer to, is a huge deal. Which made me finally truly understand why many people go to college. But when you speak of the numbers of people that actually finish, that number is significantly less.So the bad habits i formed in high school would have to be dropped abruptly. In high school I wouldn't even study for alot of my classes and coast by on what I already knew. Teachers would tell you over and over again when things in class were due. In college you teach yourself and professors help guide your education. Here in college you have a passion and desire to succeed and get a degree to provide a better life for yourself. So not doing work isn't an option.I've realized being here that there aren't any excuses you just have to get it all done. Looking back high school was were I met some of my absolute best friends my teammates, and I can honestly call them my brothers. Being here on campus you meet many different people . As these next four years start to shape I know I will meet many friends, and my teammates may also become some of my bestfriends. Some I may even call my brothers like my high school basketball teammates. What is going to happen these four years in college I have absolutely no idea. But what I feel is that this will be a place where I will be shaped as a brother, a son, a basketball player, and a man. It will be a place were I take my education to a higher level and build bonds I will charish for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment