Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog 2 Balancing

Classes have been starting to pick up. Juggling fun and class is different than I thought it was going to be. I guess I thought it would be more than easy to do. Like in scene one I'd be receiving an A+ in one of my classes and in my next scene I'd be at a party having fun and in my last scene I'd be in the gym putting up hundreds of shots everyday. But things don't work like this because there isn't enough time in the day to do all these things. Judging by this past weekend I thought I had enough time to do all of these things. Im even starting to get the feeling that im starting to relax with classwork and now Im trying to juggle school and a social life. The feeling I have is of a man walking down a wire line balancing weights on each hand. With the weights representing college work on one hand and a social life on the other. It takes a lot of planning, discipline, and practice to do this. Much like any athlete or person serious about a sport. Discipline is very important and seeking information from those around you may help you mold your decisions in a positive or negative way. Those that have been in your position can offer very valuable advice that may help you succeed. And vice versa, people that have been in your position may persuade you in the wrong way. This can also be done by yourself in the choices you make positive and negative. You make yourself do good in your classes and in whatever else it is by your choices in classes and etc. This past weekend hasn't been one of my best performances I usually get about the majority of my homework done and put off just a little bit of homework I have. This friday I worked the volleyball game all day and didn't even take a second glance at my homework. This behavior kind of rolled over into saturday which made sunday a heavy work day. Balancing time and keeping priorities in order is a very big deal and should be treated in that manner. It can make and break most people in many different ways from success in what you aspire to be in life or what you want to achieve. Work ethic and descipline in these 4 years can determine so much of what your life is going to be. That's why a solid work ethic is so important to be established right now. As I continue to go to school I'll find a way to balance these things as well as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment