Monday, September 19, 2011

Education

Most of my classes in college don't relate to my other classes at all. Each class covers its own topics its own agenda and their own cases. I guess this is the point of a liberal education, to be well rounded in many different areas of education. Whether this is ideal in education I don't know yet. I may never know being that I most likely won't compare this to any other college education. I wonder if all other students across the country feel that they have to take classes that have nothing to do with their major. If so do they think these classes are uneccessary and a waist of time. Students being young and wreckless as a whole usually just want to get things over with and hurry up and get to what they are pursuing. I'm guilty of this we probably all are I hate waiting with a passion it seems like sometimes. But do I feel like taking these different classes are a waist of my time? Definitely not I feel like being well rounded is extremely important who knows exactly what you need to do in the future. Most professions these classes can help you in, when most people say they never ever used this or that again in life they are usually wrong. The things they learned were used in life but they just didn't realize that these things were used in their everyday life. My Frex and Comp class are starting to relate to eachother a little bit, they're actually starting to intertwine. My Comp teacher is using some of the readings from the TLU reader in our class for different topics. I think this is good because we're going more into depth with the TLU reader. Usually we don't have a discussion on the Tlu reader in Frex so this will be a chance to discuss what's in there in the classroom format.Something I do wonder is if the classes we take in the future will be founded on the classes we take in our college career. When I think about it like this almost all of our classes are related. Im taking pre-cal right now and next semester I'll be taking calculus and so on and same with the sciences you take. In this sense some classes are related to eachother but not all of our classes are related though. Hopefully what ever I do take from my college education here at Texas Lutheran I will be successful with the education I recieve here.

No comments:

Post a Comment